Monday, July 11, 2011

Ahh..Breakfast!

I love breakfast!  It's my favorite meal of the day.  I don't usually have time to make the big sit down and eat extravaganza that I'd like to, due to my babysitting duties for the grand-diva's.  So, this is one of my easy, make ahead dishes that allow me to have something quick, nutritional, and much more tasty than the cereal or fruit bars I eat in a pinch.  I just call it 'The Egg Dish'.


2 Eggs and 2 egg whites  (I use Egglands Best)
About 1/4 cup milk
1 Morning Star sausage patty-crumbled (They really do taste like sausage)
1/4 cup any shredded cheese
I use olives, green pepper and sometimes cooked spinach, but anything goes according to taste.
About 2 tablespoons of salsa ( I like the kick)
Mix that all up in a bowl.  Spray an 8 1/2 inch pie plate with cooking spray and pour the mixture in.  Bake at 350 till set.

I cut the finished product in half and put it in the fridge.  In the morning I just pop one half in the microwave and make a piece of whole wheat toast.  This really does hold me over till lunch time. It looks like a lot, but even at half, I'm only eating 1 egg and 1 egg white.  Calorie wise with the toast it's about 200.  Not bad, and I'll still have the other half for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment